– Being who you are is more important than being what others expect you to be –
So thank you to Gasper and Marusa from 2 Tickets To Wanderland who gave me the Liebster Award for being myself, after only a month on the blog stratosphere 🙂
This award is a good way to promote blogs you like . So first, let me share the rules:
- Thank the blogger, who nominated you
- Answer the eleven questions they ask you
- Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Ask those eleven bloggers new eleven questions
- Let those bloggers know, they have been nominated, so they can continue the chain
Some questions have been posted in their blog that require some answers from me. So here are my 11 secrets about me.
1. Why have you decided to start writing a travel blog?
My travel blog is only a month old. After my 3 months trip around South East Asia, I wanted to share with travel lovers -those who are currently traveling and those who can’t- my favorite spots I love around the world and the crazy adventures that make them mind-blowing to my eyes. I wanted to convey every piece of happiness, love, peace, freedom and wisdom I felt along the road and make them want to explore those places I felt in love with. I hope it’s working!
2. What is your next travel destination?
Currently in Paris, I’m “moving” to Australia in summer 2014 for a couple of years. I don’t really want to settle down there so I’m gonna work and travel my way around the country and South East Asia (again) to explore new surroundings.
3. How do you get your free time for travel?
I finished my law studies in November 2013. After that, I just wanted to live my dreams, learn and explore the world. I’m born as a traveler so it was an obvious fact to not looking for a job right after the end of my studies and travel the world. But I do not rule out the possibility to work for an NGO, or an international organization some day. I didn’t give up on law, I just put it on hold. So we’ll see where it’s gonna take me.
4. Are you ever homesick? You miss friends, family or home food?
As Miriam Adeney (writer) said, “you will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place”.
5. Have you ever had food poisoning and where?
Luckily, never. (Knock on wood!)
6. Your worst travel experience.
I didn’t have any terrible experience so far. It may sounds cliché but I’m one of those people who have learned to not let misadventures give the best of me and ruin my days. So I choose to always look bright side rather than be affected by whatever problem come my way (that’s one of the thing travel taught me). You should read my cambodian misadventure about that.
7. What is your favorite place/country you’ve been so far and why?
LAOS! (that was the cry from my heart). It’s not a touristic place but the backpacker family is quite present there. It’s a wild country with endlessly mountains, a lot of rivers and beautiful spots near by to chill out. That was literally the most peaceful time of my life.
8. Have you ever tried any “weird” food whilst traveling (fried grasshoppers etc.)?
I’ve been to the best place for that. Bangkok! But I’ve never tried the scorpions or cockroaches (Yet! I have to take my courage in both hands…one day!). Still, as I’m french, I like stuffed snails amongst other things (what? You don’t want to try some? :)). And as a food enthusiastic I like tasting traditional dishes in every country I go to, mostly street food (don’t forget the best meals are on the street)! And
9. How many different countries have you visited?
I don’t even know! I have to count so give me a sec. Huh, I’ve been to 20 countries in 5 diferent continents.
10. What is your dream destination, that you haven’t been to and would love to see?
Wow. If I could, I would travel the whole world so it’s pretty difficult to choose only one country I haven’t been to. But I probably would say Alaska wilderness.
11. Which is the best beach in your opinion?
A deserted beach, without tourist, only with a bottle of water and music, no matter where it is in the world.
Now, here are 11 blogs I would like to share this award with:
- Alice – Trails et Tales
- Andie – When Words Won’t Do
- Emily – Keep Rolling On
- Fahid – Cameranomad
- Jo – Over The Edge Of The Wild
- Joy – Of Perpetual Finds
- Kelly – Boomdeeada
- Mohit & Trupti – Get Away Journal
- Sandy – Madly Addictive
- Tomer – Call Me The Craziest
And here are 11 questions for them:
- What’s your blog name means?
- What’s your first travel memory ?
- How long have you been on the road for ?
- How do you get your free time to travel?
- What’s your best wildlife experience ?
- Have you ever been robbed while traveling. If so, where?
- What’s your dream destination, one that you haven’t been to ?
- What’s your next travel destination ?
- Which country has surprised you the most so far, and why?
- Have you changed your way of looking at life since you’re traveling?
- If you had to give an advice to a large group of people what would it be ?
I’m now looking forward to discover your answers!